Iphone 5s

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Patchy The Patch Doll

Patchy The Patch Doll
I have to admit, when I first looked at Patchy the Patch Doll, I was very sceptical that it would hold my twins attention. I didn't think that it would interest them for more than a few minutes. It is such a simple App, which looking back may be the reason that it does such a good job of making them come back over and over. Patchy is an interactive book App that tells the story of a Patch Doll and his friendship with a little girl.

What Holds Their Attention
My kids are just like most 5 year old's. They have the attention span of a gnat. Keeping them entertained is a full time job for me. This App has an appeal that really keeps them coming back over and over again. The largest (and most important) draw of this App is the story itself. The story is that of Patchy a patch doll and his journey through building a friendship with a little girl. It's warm, inspiring, and a great lesson for children. The graphics are rather basic, but what it lacks in detailed graphics, it makes up for in character. That's not to say that there aren't a few little things other than the story for the kids to do. There are little activities that pop up on certain pages for the kids to do. When a page offers an activity a small pale and shovel show up in the corner. These activities are simple, yet fun for children to perform and all of them relate to the story. The book is narrated for the children, each word being highlighted as it is read.

The Bottom Line
While the App as a whole is simple, the story is solid, fun to read, and a great life lesson for children. It has become a favorite of my 5 year old's and I'd recommend it to any parent with children around that age.

No comments:

Post a Comment